(Serves 1, cal 62)
1 cup raw spinach
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 cup diced watermelon
Toss spinach and watermelon with the vinegar
This is one of my favorite salads to have in the summer. You can also omit the vinegar and add some crumbled feta, which is a surprisingly yummy combo with watermelon.
(Serves 16, 71 Calories per serving)
¼ cup grape tomatoes
1 1/4 cups soy milk
2 tbsps butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp paprika
1 lb cauliflower (1 1/2- 2 cups)
1 clove garlic
1 leek, chopped
2 potatoes, cubed
1 oz flour ( 2 T)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
2. Cook cauliflower in boiling water for 10 minutes. Cook potatoes in a separate pan of boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. To make warm butter in a pan, add leek and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for another minute. Remove the pan from heat and gradually add the soy milk and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add paprika.
4. Put the cauliflower in a casserole dish, followed by the grape tomatoes and potatoes. Pour the sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the casserole.
5. Bake for 40 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and the cheese is brown and bubbling.
this is what i’m having for dinner tonight. cauliflower is a great low calorie and filling vegetable